Monday, January 12, 2009

Townsville progress

Well there's been some news on the Townsville project, the letter has been sent and fingers crossed that in 14 days, we should have a resolution in our favour. When I got home from work lastnight, there was an email from the agent who put us in this position saying "hope you had a good xmas and new year, hope we can get over the small hiccup we had at the end of 2008, hope we can continue to work in the spirit of the relationship we had developed prior to this happening" God, I was SO angry, it was time for me to go back all guns blazing, but I heard something once that says if you want to send someone an email that is not very pleasant to type it out and then send it to yourself first b4 sending it to the person concerned. So I did, I needed to get all this frustration out, I told him, how we were glad that he could look at it as "a small hiccup" because from where we're standing looking down the barrel of possible legal action from the developers against us it hardly feels like that. I said that because of his poor communication skills we had ended up in this situation, if we had know that the unit was in Stage 1 and due for settlement now, we would have never have signed that contract in the first place. To make matters worse, he had continued to advise us not once, not twice but 3 times that we were in Stage 2 and not to worry. Whilst we reliase that he didn't intentionally do this to put us in harms way, we can forgive one mistake and possibly 2, but 3, starts to wear very thin, considering now we have had to go take a legal course of action to see if we can get out of this.
And that we've never received so much as an apology from them, instead comments like "s*** happens" and "all parties involved compounded human errors" we haven't found to be all that constructive in the process and the relationship with the developer so far to date has not provided a satisfactory outcome for us, which has now lead us to looking into a legal course of action instead. The fact that they have offered to pay $10,000 if we forfeited our deposit to get us into Stage 2, speaks volumes to me that it's their error through and through.
I also added that he had represented his company in a very poor light and this experience had left us with a very bitter taste in our mouths. That being said, that we cannot ever have a working relationship with him because we have very little trust and confidence in what he has to tell us anymore.
I felt so much better once I got it out and then I sent it to myself and read it, it's harsh, but we've never truly said how we feel to him. It's still sitting in my inbox, not sent, but waiting until all this passes and I can look back and reflect on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment