Thursday, January 29, 2009

Suffer for Fashion & Do's & Don'ts for 2009 (Personality)


Suffer for Fashion....an interesting saying I’ve always thought but today I think I became a victim to it. I went to get my nails done and while I was there, realised that my legs could probably do with a wax as they were looking a little unkempt. So in my infinite wisdom, I asked if they would have time to do a half leg wax while I was there. She said “sure, after we’ve done your nails” so away I go. Now I’ve had leg waxes before but I’m not too sure what she used this time but as I soon found out after leaving my legs were feeling a little “sticky” not the normal feeling from wax. Off I went to medicare, another fascinating place I find, such a melting pot of people there and not somewhere I frequent all that often although it seems to be that the majority of people there do, especially a lot of very young mothers, but I digress. So I take a number, take a seat and wait, eventually that automated voice called my number and I went to get up and felt a little stuck to the chair, didn’t think much of it and away I went. Then I went over to Crazy Clarks to buy a couple of artists canvases as they are closing down and were going cheap, when I happened to brush past a towel which consequently also stuck to my leg. I looked down and to my horror I looked like a reverse lamington, white with all bits of fluff stuck to my leg where the sticky wax or whatever she used has clearly not come off. I had a chuckle to myself, and continued shopping, I’ve since gotten home and tried to get it off of me, but it’s staying put, one would hope it will come off in the shower tonight as everytime I sit on the lounge, which is black, I end up with black fluff all over me.....hmmmm, what we women do hey?
Time for some more Do’s & Don'ts for 2009.

Personality
Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
Don’t take yourself so seriously. No-one else does.
Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
Dream more while you’re awake.
Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
Realise that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Smile and laugh more.You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment