Friday, January 16, 2009

6kgs gone......

Stepped on the scales yesterday and did a double take, stepped off, then stepped back on, 6 kgs - I have lost 6 kilo's in almost 7 weeks and in the middle of that was the festive season, not to mention my 40th birthday. Wow, Scott Harris, thank you SO much for helping me to get to this point where food no longer controls my life.
Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but, I realise the difference now between eating unconsciously and eating to survive and there is a HUGE difference. Friday, my parents came to visit for lunch and I was telling D that I unconsciously made them a healthy sandwich and when I sat down to eat, I was thinking to myself, I just did that, without even thinking. You know those times when you drive to work and you don't remember actually the process of getting there even though you know you got there safely? Well that's what I used to do with food, I'd eat without even thinking, and then afterwards sit and look at an empty family block of chocolate wrapper and a 1 litre empty tub of Conoisseur icecream (cookies & cream or cafe grande) and think - "my god, did i just eat all that?" and the thing was I didn't even get the pleasure of enjoying it, it was just to make me feel better at the time, make all the other stuff just go away for an hour.
Things, have changed, we would drink Coke at our house like it was water, now we don't have it in the house anymore, but if I feel like one, I might stop on my way home from work and grab a can just as a treat.
I totally, totally, get it now, it's not even really about the food, I mean, don't get me wrong, it is, but it's more about the association you get from eating that food unconsciously - it serves a purpose and it's not for survival.
I'm feeling very proud of myself for turning this milestone and even though it's taken me 40 years to get here - I wouldn't change anything for the world !!

No comments:

Post a Comment