Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mothers hand me down issues....

So many topics to discuss, where do I start? The cat is still not eating, so I locked her inside today with a full bowl of food hoping that she might eat something.
D evac’d off rig due to Cyclone Dominic and he’s living it up in the lap of luxury at the Hyatt in Perth no less, gee and I was under the assumption that working offshore was hard work? But it is cyclone season I guess.
The friend saga, ok well I thought I had managed to successfully get rid of them but no such luck – any of my friends that happen to be reading this wondering if it could be you – it’s NOT. These are people, I would loosely call them 'acquaintances' actually who you meet by chance (both male) and because the husband works away think that they can “help you out” in other ways……..and are not afraid of telling you in more colourful language than what I’ve just used.
I mean if I was single I’d be happy, but I’m not, and it doesn’t matter how many times you stress this to them and that you are truly not interested and that I love & respect my husband of 20 odd years, it kind of goes in one ear and out the other and whilst it’s in the space between the ears it seems to translate into “sure, I’m saying no, but I really mean yes” WTF? It’s getting to the point now where I’ve actually said to the pair of them “F-off” and they still don’t get it?
I am a person of value and I think that is my problem, my downfall, you see if someone sends me a text message or an email, I don’t want to be rude & I think that they have taken the time to send it, I should be courteous and reply – this has obviously gotten me in trouble and getting me nowhere fast.
This has a lot to do with my upbringing – my mum always taught me “don’t say no, become a ‘yes' girl and people will like you. You don’t want to upset people by saying “no”, You don’t want people not liking you and when they don’t like you we need to obsess over what on earth we have done wrong” Hmmm, well I can tell you from experience that this has got me absolutely nowhere in life being like this but I propose that it was what my gran taught my mum and bless her she thought she’d bequeath it to me.
Anyway, I digress, so here I am in this situation. What I find strange is the fact that I think I’m overweight (which I am, there's no doubt in this issue) and don’t think of myself as that pretty, beautiful or sexy and yet, I have way more attention than I can handle and from 2 married men. Why is it as girls, we grow up with so many issues, sometimes I wish I could be like a man and just say what I feel, do what I feel with no regard for what anyone else thinks. Perhaps I need to adopt this stance on the issue.
Townsville deadline today, no news as yet, I’m getting nervous. D thinks that we have nothing to worry about; hopefully I will have news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment