Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Confessions of a Real Estate junkie

Ok, so my other passion apart from the dog & jewellery making.............real estate.
I confess, I was never like this until my D and I decided that the Australian Government are never going to fund the type of lifestyle we want when we're retired (unless of course either he or I become Prime Minister and chances of that are slim to say the least) Not only that he and I are not real favourable of working til we're, oh, um, 65?????
Just because it was our parents work ethic to study ____ (what's that word?) and get a good ___ (I can hear you saying it) doesn't mean that it's ours.
Don't get me wrong, we work hard, and I think he does more than I as he has to sacrifice his home life for 3 weeks at a time while he works offshore but we think that we would like to stop working in about 2 years or so and retire then. So, that being said, where does that leave us?
Hmmm, Mr Rudd, I don't see you at all paying us to stay at home and do things that WE like doing, so real estate became our hobby and it's going pretty well.
We have 2 investment properties now and have just gone into negotiations for a 3rd but I can't help myself but look at realestate.com.au all the time, just looking, looking, looking, like a junkie needing a fix.
I was this way with Facebook but not anymore, I think maybe because it's the incentive that we will soon have all the time in the world for that kind stuff, so it can wait and I need to put more work in to get us there.
So these next 3 weeks we enter our Due Diligence stage where I'll be running around, doing all the checking, organising building inspection, pest inspection, speaking with the shire, and doing lots of looking at current infrastructure that's going to keep me busy and before we know it we will hopefully own our 3rd place.
Still no news on the Townsville front, close of business on Tuesday is the deadline, keeping positive, it's going to happen I just know it........

2 comments:

  1. We've been looking at properties, and having so much fun doing it! Visiting homes, chatting with realtors, parusing real estate websites. Now, if only I had the funds to buy them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean, but it's always good to look though isn't it?? I like to look at them and think, I'd do this and this and that, and omg, what were they thinking when they painted that that colour !!

    ReplyDelete