Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's all new to me




Well I'm still relatively new to this blogging business, but I was on another blogspot but it was always too much drama to post anything on there. Took forever and kept timing out on me, so I thought I would change and found myself here.


Another stinking hot day here today in WA (Western Australia), 37C in Perth, we're 2 hours south so it's usually a little cooler down here but not much. I read in the paper that we're heading for our 14th day in a row over 35C ugh.....I much prefer the cold weather than the hot.


We finished painting the rendered garden bed yesterday of the house we're renovating. Photo's above of "The Grand Plan" which is what we're aiming for and "The Real Deal" - it's come up really good and the house is slowly being pushed from 1980's into the 2009. The sooner we get it done, the sooner we can move onto the next one. Went looking on Friday for our next investment, saw lots of houses, most of them absolutely shocking, but some had potential, D and I just have to get together now and decide which ones we liked.

Which also brings me to the question, god knows when we're going to get time to plant the garden bed out, he's in the city all this week and then back to work on the 21st for 3 weeks to the floating steel hotel (oil rig). It's a team effort so I need his input before we go chucking plants in - I think it's going to be Native Plants.
News on the Townsville Off the Plan deal hasn't been too bad, with the solicitor telling us that we have a strong case to try and get out of the contract with a small degree of risk, NOT being able to get out of it. Considering it's been a series of errors by our real estate agent, we're hoping for the best and to get our deposit back. But we'll keep looking forwards, we won't have been the first people in this position, nor will we be the last.
Will keep you updated. Back to work tomorrow - yuck :(


No comments:

Post a Comment