Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time to fight my demons

Took D to Perth lastnight and he flew back to work this morning for 3 weeks. I realised on the way up that I hadn't been to Perth since just before christmas. The city that I had lived in for all of my life until 9 months ago holds no attraction for me anymore. I never thought I'd feel like that about the city, I used to love it but not anymore, instead all I get is cranky as I drive the second hour of the journey from our new home down south. All those people who incessantly insist on driving in the right hand lane, regardless of whether or not they're doing 5kms under the speed limit - it's their right and that's what they're going to do.......and we wonder why so many people end up sick. If all you care about is making someone elses life hard it's going to come back and bite you on the bum at sometime, in any way it can, the old adage "what goes around"
Anyway, enough of that, so here I am alone for the next 3 weeks, knowing that it's time to face a lot of demons that I've been pushing away for so so long. It's been easy while D has been home, I haven't focussed on them but now that he's gone, I'm a little scared of doing this work on my own.
We had a good talk the night before he left and I was saying to him that I had been a bit anxious about him going away and how I was going to cope with the boredom. He sent me a text lastnight, it said " U will be ok u just need to write yourself a new story and make sure u read it every day for 21 days so it becomes a habit, I love u so much u r never alone, my thoughts will b with u when I'm away" - he's right, this is going to be easy.
I'm back into my love of books, reading the Secret of Success by James Arthur Ray, it's good food for the soul at the moment. If I can get through this 3 weeks, I can do anything, it's just another task I need to complete, to move things along in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment